Your Retirement Years
For many people, money is the biggest cause of anxiety in their retirement planning. However, once in retirement, financial anxiety can fall below other concerns such as health and finding activities that keep you fulfilled and engaged.
In this section of the ProsperiGuide website, Your Retirement Years, you will discover how to:
- Apply your skills to craft a post-retirement identity that will keep you stimulated and engaged well into your golden years.
- Achieve adequate life-long income by applying retirement income strategies and choosing fixed income and equity strategies.
- Use tax-efficient strategies and tax credits to keep more after-tax income.
- Provide income for a surviving spouse/partner.
To help manage post-retirement anxiety and make the most of your retirement years, try to:
- Monitor expenses.
- Keep your estate plan current.
- If you have retiree health benefits or you’re collecting a pension, ensure you inform your former employer of any address or beneficiary changes.